Here’s the timeline:
- Israel blames Hamas for the kidnapping of 3 teenage Israeli settlers in the West Bank
- Israel unleashes a violent operation in the West Bank arresting hundreds and killing a dozen Palestinians, and hits some targets in Gaza, claiming it’s searching for the missing settlers
- Then, Israel finds the settlers bodies, admits it knew the settlers were killed all along and lied about it, and the search-and-rescue operation was a sham, now vows to avenge their murders and incites violence against Palestinians. Still blames Hamas
- Israel continues its assault and expands it into the current genocide in Gaza killing 1600, injuring 8000 and displacing a quarter of the population of Gaza
- Then, Israel admits it knew all along that Hamas wasn’t responsible for the kidnapping-killing of the settlers
- All parties agree to a 72-hour ceasefire.
- Israel accuses Hamas of capturing a soldier during the ceasefire. Hamas denies it.
- Israel breaks the ceasefire and shells entire neighborhoods, killing hundreds of Palestinians more.
- Then, Israel admits that the soldier was not captured
Israel is abhorrent.